Running the tests
Install assignment dependencies:
# Using npm npm install # Alternatively using yarn yarn
Making the test suite pass
All exercises come with a test suite to help you validate your solution before submitting. You can execute these tests by opening a command prompt in the exercise's directory, and then running:
# Using npm npm test # Alternatively using yarn yarn test
In some test suites all tests but the first have been skipped.
Once you get a test passing, you can enable the next one by changing
Writing custom tests
If you wish to write additional, custom, tests, create a new file
custom.spec.js, and submit it with your solution together with the new file:
exercism submit numbers.js custom.spec.js
Submitting your solution
You can submit your solution using the
exercism submit bird-watcher.js command.
This command will upload your solution to the Exercism website and print the solution page's URL.
It's possible to submit an incomplete solution which allows you to:
- See how others have completed the exercise
- Request help from a mentor
Need to get help?
If you'd like help solving the exercise, check the following pages:
- Exercism's support channel on gitter
- The Frequently Asked Questions
Should those resources not suffice, you could submit your (incomplete) solution to request mentoring.
To get help if you're having trouble, you can use one of the following resources:
- Gitter is Exercism's Gitter room; go here to get support and ask questions if you face any issues with downloading or submitting your exercises.
- StackOverflow can be used to search for your problem and see if it has been answered already. You can also ask and answer questions.