Security Policies and Procedures
If you believe you have found a security vulnerability in PostGIS please report it to us following the procedure below. We appreciate your efforts to disclose the issue responsibly.
Reporting a Vulnerability
To report a security issue, please email the team at email@example.com, which is a private maintainer-only group. The security team will reply as soon as possible to acknowledge the receipt of your message and to discuss future steps or request additional information.
For reporting non-security issues, please use the traditional channels and open a Trac ticket or use the public mailing lists:
To help us better diagnose the issue, please include the following information (as much as you can provide):
- Current PostGIS version:
- Current PostgreSQL version:
- Step by step instructions to reproduce the issue.
Upon receiving a vulnerability report, the security team will:
- Confirm the vulnerability and the affected releases.
- Verify if there are similar problems in the code.
- Patch all releases still under maintenance and release micro versions including the fix.
Please note that issues in unsupported releases (https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/UsersWikiPostgreSQLPostGIS) will likely not be addressed, and issues with third party dependencies need to be reported to the team maintaining them.