Table of Contents
- 1- I have HTTP basic authentication enabled at proxy level with pass thru. How to login?
- 2- I have enabled 2FA for my account and I am on 1.8.0 Gitea version. How to login?
- 3- I cannot login and the app just stuck at the login screen.
- 4- The app crash when I am browsing around.
- 5- What version of Android do you guys test the app on?
Here you will find the common hacks to use the app with.
1- I have HTTP basic authentication enabled at proxy level with pass thru. How to login?
On the login screen in the URL field enter
YOUR-USERNAME@YOUR-DOMAIN.COM and skip the username field to fill. This will let you login to the app. For example,
Please note, that your proxy level username and password should be the same with your Gitea logins.
This feature is available in GitNex version 1.2.0 and above.
2- I have enabled 2FA for my account and I am on 1.8.0 Gitea version. How to login?
If you are on GitNex version 1.4.0 or below:
On the login screen in the Username field enter
: is the separator between username and otp code. For example,
If you are on GitNex version 1.5.0 or above:
A separate optional field is introduced to enter the OTP code if you have enabled 2FA for your account.
3- I cannot login and the app just stuck at the login screen.
Make sure you have a valid ssl certificate for your domain with port 443. If you have a valid SSL certificate but different port, it will be mismatched and GitNex version 2.5.0 only support this.
I have self signed certificate, what to do?
Self signed certificates are only supported from version 2.5.0. Make sure you have this version installed.
4- The app crash when I am browsing around.
- Update to the latest version of GitNex.
- If this does not solve the issue, you can always test the dev version from master branch. Chances are it may have been fixed. You can download the latest signed build from master to test.
- No, still does not work. We appreciate that you open an issue and provide as much detail possible.
5- What version of Android do you guys test the app on?
We normally test a release on Android 7 and above. If you have Android 5 or 6 and there is an issue with the app, please let us know so we can test on that version and help fix the problem. Opening an issue is a step away.