GitNex is an open source app which means anyone can contribute to it.
- RC - every version will have RC[Release Candidate] releases. There will be feature additions, improvements and fixes.
- Stable - release a stable version.
- master - tip of the ongoing development.
- release - Every release will have its own branch including release tag. Minor fixes can be branched from that specific release.
- Temporary branches like feature, hotfix etc which will then be removed once merged to the main tree of master.
Tags / Releases
All the releases will be tagged for download with release notes.
All the code going to master will be through MRs even from the main developer. No direct pushes are allowed to master. If you want to contribute please read the contribution file here.
Notes on bug fix releases
GitNex has the master branch as a tip branch and has version branches such as release-1.0. release-1.0 is a release branch and will be tagged as 1.0.0. If 1.0.0 has bugs, pull requests will be merged to release-1.0 branch and publish a 1.0.1 tag, with a fast forward merge to master too.